It is important that you watch your positions if you are serious about grabbing that top spot and optimizing your site. Knowing where your site ranks in the search engines for your target keywords is critical for several reasons,
- It permits you to evaluate just how much effort or recourses are required to get to the front page and how far you are from the top.
- It lets you test different search engine optimization techniques to determine which ones are currently working and drop of the rest.
- It can help you keep your finger on the search engine heartbeat helping you to spot upgrades and algorithm alterations before they affect the traffic of your site. You will be able to take steps if your ranks drop for some search terms.
- It makes it possible to understand the competition in your niche and evaluate the effectiveness of your SEO.
- Keyword reports are absolutely essential if you are doing SEO for customers.
There are a lot of approaches where your site ranks for your keywords let’s see what options we have got to check.
Manual rank checks
Search for your website in the results, conduct searches and the choice is to go to Google and other search engines you are watching. This way is not just extremely slow but also inaccurate. As you might or may not know Google is serving results for all users, irrespective of not or whether you are signed on your accounts. So your search history will affects the results you get, so that they might differ from what users see.
Google Webmaster Tools
You can find some data on your own websites positions for keyword phrases in Google there, for those who have a Google Webmaster tools accounts. There you get a list of all of the search strings your site appeared in the search results for. The tool shows you how many impressions, clicks, click through rate and the position for each keyword. If you click on any key word you can see what pages that are exact appeared in the search results. This information not only shows you where your site ranks for specific search phrases but also lets you assess how your positions are influenced by customized results, users place. SEO rank checker tool offer among the most popular and the very best method of tracking the rankings of your site. There is a good deal of checking tools on the market, both free and paid. The majority of them let you monitor a number of websites and key words in some of the better ones are Rank Checker from SEO Book free, Advanced Web Rankings AWR paid with free trial and Rank Tracker by Link Assistant paid and free.